College Level Examination Program
What is CLEP?
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a series of examinations in 35 introductory college subjects that allow individuals to earn college credit for what they already know based on successful scores on CLEP exams. These exams are available in the areas of business, composition and literature, foreign languages, history and social sciences, science, and mathematics. Exams can be taken year round, depending on the test location.
Rigorous preparation for CLEP exams through high school course work and supplemental study is recommended. Study guides are available online at the CLEP website www.collegeboard.com/clep and as well as at local bookstores. The guidance counselors at CHHS can answer questions about CLEP tests.
Grades eligible: 9-12
- Alternate way to earn college credit
- Potentially save money and time in college
CLEP is for you if:
1. You plan to go to college and would like to bypass some of your introductory courses.
2. You take an advanced class in high school that doesn't correspond to an AP exam and would like to earn college credit for the class.
3. You are unable to fit an AP class into your schedule but would like to earn credit for studying the material yourself.
4. You are a good test taker- comfortable with taking multiple choice or short answer exams on the computer.
You should know:
1. Each college or university can set its own policies for earning credits through CLEP exams. Check with the institution you are planning to attend to find out about their CLEP policies.
2. There is a fee required to take a CLEP exam. NOTE: The Minnesota Legislature did not provide funds to reimburse CLEP examination fees during the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 school years. The cost of a CLEP exam is $72.
CLEP Grant Yourself a Scholarship CLEP Student Benefits Flyer Available CLEP Exams CLEP School ID Form CLEP Testing Sites in MN CLEP Process for Columbia Heights Students MN CLEP Authorization Form
Our high school code is 240520