Transportation Services is staffed by professionals serving and supporting you and your children. Drivers and office staff are dedicated to providing safe, secure and reliable transportation to qualified students (more than 1.25 miles for secondary students and more than .75 miles for elementary students). We serve more than 800 bus stop locations within our 6.5 square mile community each day. Bus stops and routes are designed with consideration of safety, efficiency, least cost and shortest over-all ride times. Our goal is the safe daily journey of your child, to and from school.
To register for transportation, fill out this form and drop it off with at your child's school's main office.
Who to Call and When
When your child will not be riding the bus, if the bus is more than five minutes late or for lost and found information, contact Monarch Bus Service at 651-843-0118. To request a bus stop change or to address concerns about bus safety, contact Columbia Heights Transportation at 763-528-4424.
The Columbia Heights Public Schools (CHPS) School Board approved free school bus service for all CHPS enrolled kindergarten students living within their elementary school boundary area beginning with the 2016-2017 school year. Neighborhood bus pick-up and drop-off points are being developed.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Busing During Winter Months
Please be aware that buses may be delayed in picking up or dropping off students due to winter weather and road conditions. If you have concerns about your child’s busing please contact Columbia Heights Transportation at 763-528-4424.
- Search “SafeStop” on your Apple app store or Google Play store to download the free app or visit the SafeStop website.
- Select “Create Account”, and from the drop-down list select your state.
- From the new drop-down that populates, select Columbia Heights Public Schools.
- Then, enter your valid contact information and click REGISTER.
- Check your email for an email verification code, enter in the app and click SUBMIT.
- Enter your Student ID(s) and click SUBMIT.
- You student ID(s) can be found within your Parent/StudentVUE account (found under where the photo is or should be for the student) or you may contact your school's administrator.
- Set your Notification Preferences and click SUBMIT to complete your secure registration.
Once you have successfully completed your registration, click GO TO MY STOPS to
start setting up your account.
- Once you login to your new account, your assigned bus stops (AM and PM) should populate. If you do not see your bus stops, or your bus stops are incorrect, please reach out to your school transportation department.
- Adjust the Notification Preferences for your stop by clicking and dragging it on your screen. You may also widen the area of your preferences by expanding the circle. You will be notified once the bus has entered your selected notification area.