These listings are provided as an educational reference source for students and parents. Please note that this site is consistently being updated; if you have a suggested site to include, please send your suggestion, with a full link, to email@example.com.
For tip on goal setting and test taking, click here.
The listings of these links does not constitute an endorsement from Columbia Heights Public Schools.
Students Parents Homework Help and Classroom Resources
- www.tutor.com (Using this site costs money)
- www.Khanacademy.com (This site is free and full of math video lessons)
- College Board AP (Describes the benefits of an AP course, answers frequently asked questions, offers AP Prep and essay review, exam info, and details on all AP subjects)
- Web based Calculus course (Fully developed web‐based version of a three‐semester calculus course with lessons, practice, and exams. Free to anyone, but for registered users exams will be recorded and graded.)
- Integrators (Integrate functions you submit within seconds. Database of exam‐level calculus problems)
- Exambot (Customized exam generator that allows the student to produce practice exam sets that parallel his or her own expected final exam)
- Puzzles (Activities including puzzles to match functions with their derivatives and intuitively understand the concept of an integral.)
- MLA Homepage
- College Application Help (Staff includes former college admissions officers who will help students organize, write, and polish their college applications. This site has over 1,000 successful student essays for guidance and inspiration)
- Interactive Library (Animated demonstrations for concepts in Biology, chemistry, biochemistry, physics, earth and space, mathematics, integrated math and science, calculators, and language)
- NASA/APL website
- The Biology Project
- DNA from the beginning